Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

¿is it possible to bring information to an issue from another issue that is in another project?

marco espinoza January 20, 2021

The user captures a issue called "Customer repayment", there is a field called “ID magento” (unique and unrepeatable), and other data customer fields like name, lastname, telephone number. When the user create another issue called "Repayment 30 days" and he capture “ID magento”, Jira should automatically bring the data customer of the other issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

Hi @marco espinoza 

That scenario should be possible for a rule which runs in the global context; those can span multiple projects.

Please note there are limits to the number of executions of global rules, depending upon your Jira license level and when you purchased Jira.  Currently only Premium license holders get global rules, and if you signed up before that change, you could be "grand-fathered" into 500 executions per month.  Please talk to your site admin and Atlassian Support to confirm your limits.

Please see here for more information:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/premium

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/what-are-service-limits/

Best regards,

Bill

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

Hey @Bill Sheboy - actually, it looks like Standard users get 500 global or multi-project executions/mo and even Free users get 100/mo.

Customers on Free and Standard plans have access to a limited monthly trial allotment of global and multi project rule executions (100 and 500 per month, respectively).

Premium users have 1000 global and multi-project rule executions per paid user per month. Ex: 200 users in Jira Cloud Premium will have 200,000 monthly global/multi-project rule executions per month. This is pooled across all Jira tools and all users. Enterprise users have access to unlimited automation executions.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/explore-jira-cloud-plans/

Looking at Marco's question though, he's not necessarily talking about copying from another project, but what sounds like another issue type, so he might not run into this issue at all.

I think the only problem with the rule might be that you would use a JQL rule to find an issue with the same unique "ID magento", and you'll end up with more than one.

So then, I'm not sure how you would specify exactly which issue to copy the other field values from. I might try a test tomorrow to see, but maybe Bill will have some ideas before then. :-}

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

I had thought to use the Lookup issues action and just populate the trigger issue's fields with something like: {{lookupIssues.firstname.first}}

But... 

From the resulting issue list, the following issue properties are available to use (custom fields aren't available):

Drat. I'm stuck again. Any other ideas Bill?

You could do it with a web request, but man, that's ugly...

[Having a separate customer database that can be linked to multiple issues... that sounds a lot like a use case for something I was recently watching tutorials about: Insight Asset Management. (This is not an ad or endorsement - I just was playing with it to answer another question.)]

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Just to confirm, @marco espinoza are the two different issues ("Customer repayment" and "Repayment 30 days") in one or two Jira projects?

Knowing that will help guide suggestions.  Thanks!

marco espinoza January 22, 2021

Lo Resolví con un comportamiento en Scriptrunner, Muchas Graciasi

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events