Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create guest account to access confluence space using REST APIs

Low Aik Fung April 27, 2023

I need to create automation to create guest account and grant the guest acocunt access to certain confluence space. based on what i know, there is no (Jira) automation action that can does that. The only possible way which i can think of is to use REST API. But i coudn't find the REST APIs to do it. Does anyone knows? Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2023

Hello @Low Aik Fung 

You haven't said if you are using CLOUD or SERVER / DC editions of those products. In either case, there is nothing in Jira's REST APIs that will create accounts in Confluence.

If you are using CLOUD, then the Cloud Admin REST APIs can be used to provision and manage users at the organisational level for all products.

Low Aik Fung May 1, 2023

Hi @David Bakkers ,

Thanks so much for the response. I am using CLOUD edition. Understand that REST APIs can be used to provision user account but I couldn't figure out how it can provision guest account. Or is it just that it guest account couldn't be provision using REST API. If you know know to do it, please let me know. Thanks!

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2023

"If you know how to do it, please let me know"

I did let you know... use the Cloud Admin REST APIs. That's how you do it.

ALL account types, including guests, can be provisioned using those endpoints.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events