Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom progress bar

Alexander Agneessens September 16, 2021

Dear all,

I'm creating a jira structure in which I would like to get a view on the progress based on story points.

The formula that I created is the one below, but I get an error on the last part in bold:

WITH TotalPoints = SUM{ storypoints } :

WITH TotalResolvedPoints = SUM{ IF(Status_Category= "Done"; storypoints) } :

WITH valueProgress=if(TotalPoints > 0; TotalResolvedPoints / TotalPoints):

WITH customProgress=SUM{valueProgress}/SUM{1}:

CONCAT("{color:green}",

REPEAT("■", FLOOR(customProgress/10)), "{color}{color:gray}",

REPEAT("■", 10-FLOOR(customProgress/10)), "{color}")

Alternative was:

WITH customProgress=if(TotalPoints > 0; TotalResolvedPoints / TotalPoints): CONCAT("{color:green}", REPEAT("", FLOOR(customProgress/10)), "{color}{color:gray}",REPEAT("■",10-FLOOR(customProgress/10)),"{color}")

But also in this one the second part gives an error.

I took a part of the formula from Wiki Markup Advanced Examples - Structure for Jira - Version 5.2 - ALM Works Knowledge Base but I don't see what should be changed to the formula in order to make it working..

Does anyone else see what should change?

Thanks!

Kr,
Alexander

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yulia Barbash _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2021

Hello @Alexander Agneessens 

Yulia Barbash from ALM Works here!

Please try this formula:

WITH customProgress=if(TotalPoints > 0; TotalResolvedPoints / TotalPoints)*100:
CONCAT("{color:green}", REPEAT("■", FLOOR(customProgress/10)), "{color}{color:gray}",
REPEAT("■",10-FLOOR(customProgress/10)),"{color}")

Where TotalPoints and TotalResolvedPoints are defined according to your fields. In the format options, you will want to select Wiki markup.

Let us know if it helped!

Best regards
Yulia Barbash
www.almworks.com

Alexander Agneessens September 20, 2021

@Yulia Barbash _ALM Works_ Many many thanks!! Awesome it works! :)

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2021

Hi @Alexander Agneessens 

To be honest, I am not using ALM Works.  That being noted...

Your definition of customProgress seems to be recursive, referencing itself.  Did you instead want to use another value in the definition?

Kind regards,
Bill

Alexander Agneessens September 19, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy,
Thanks for your reply.

I wanted to define customProgress as a new value in which I use valueProgress.

WITH customProgress=if(valueProgress): CONCAT("{color:green}", REPEAT("
", FLOOR(customProgress/10)), "{color}{color:gray}",REPEAT("■",10-FLOOR(customProgress/10)),"{color}")

Kind regards,
Alexander

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2021

Hi!

Yes, I saw that part.  It also appears you are defining customProgress with itself.  I bolded the part I wondered about:

WITH customProgress=if(valueProgress): CONCAT("{color:green}", REPEAT("■", FLOOR(customProgress/10)), "{color}{color:gray}",REPEAT("■",10-FLOOR(customProgress/10)),"{color}")

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events