Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automation - prevent automation rules create a issue if already created one similar

Federico Reynero July 3, 2020

i want to create a issue in a specific project (AYISA) when a specific user ("PEPE") add a comment on any project. This is a global rules and trigger with "add comment".
I want to have a clone of the original issue commented, not interest in the comment itself.
The problems is when user add another comment in the same issue, automation rules create a new ticket. That is what i call "duplicate issue" and i dont want this new ticket.
In other word, if a particular issue trigger automation rules (means clone was created in AYISA), do not trigger that rules for that issue anymore.
It is possible?
thanks in advance

Selection_999(1124).png

2 answers

1 vote
Andreas Knecht
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2020

Hi Federico,

So I reckon the best way to solve this, is by linking the two issues and then adding a 'Related issues condition' to your rule to check if a linked issue already exists.

So a rule like this would work:

• Trigger: Issue commented
  • JQL condition (like you have today)
  • Related issues condition that checks *no* linked issues exists (could also use JQL here)
  • Clone the issue to AYISA
  • Link the most recently created issue to the trigger issue

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Andreas

1 vote
Federico Reynero July 3, 2020

I think something like when automation rules is triggered for first time (means specific user add a comment) in the clone issue add a custom field populated with the {{issue.key}}. If triggered again from the same ticket, compare that field with the source issue.key and if the same don't create new issue, do nothing.

IMPORTANT: I cant touch source issue. (cant add a label or something)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events