Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic notification when deadline is not meet

Sandra Bochnak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 4, 2023

Dear all

I am using a Jira software management tool. I have set deadlines and would like to implement automation where specific individuals are notified whenever a deadline is not met. Is it possible? how should i set it up?

best 

Sandra

1 answer

1 vote
Tim C
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2023

Hi @Sandra Bochnak 

Yes, you can .... I'd suggest creating a "scheduled" automation job to run which for example gets triggerred at 08:00AM each working day.

Use JQL search to limit your results to specific project/issues which you looking for and then add a condition to only select those where your "DueDateField < startofday()".

E.g. "project = XYZ and issuetype in (Task, Story) and dueDate < startofday() and assignee is not empty" 

You could use a "branch rule based on JQL" to get these results - you could used the "send email" event to send message to the "assignee" for all items.

However, rather than automation, you could create a subscription onto a saved filter (with similar JQL) to find the same data - then add "assignee = currentUser()" into the query.  If you already have or can create a "user-group" with your team members - then you can add this group onto the subscription and set to run at same time each day.  Make sure the subscription is set to only runs when results are found.

Jira will sent an automated email to each of the assignees who have one or more tickets which have gone passed the duedate field.   People won't get email if don't have any late items.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you need more details about either of these approaches.

Thanks,

TC

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2023

Hi @Sandra Bochnak -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Just following up to check if Tim's response answered your question.  If so, please consider marking this one as "answered".  That will help others with a similar need find solutions faster.  If not, please let the community know what help you need with the rule changes.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events