Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why users now can't restrict issues?

Uladzislau Samuseu April 1, 2024

Even if users in my team-managed project have specific permissions to restrict issues they can't do that, cuz they have to be as admin too. So, how i have to use this option in order to enable users to restrict issues how it was before? Ofc I cant give them all admin role.

1.png

2.png

Thanks for your support!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Uladzislau Samuseu April 5, 2024

Hi there! Support response:

image.png

I'll post the solution after if somebody need.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2024

Thanks for the update

Like # people like this
Johann Riedel April 5, 2024

Thanks - we'll stay interested :)

Johann Riedel April 9, 2024

Hi @Uladzislau Samuseu - the issue seems to be resolved. 

Uladzislau Samuseu April 9, 2024

@Johann Riedel Yes mate, we won!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2024

So it was a regression that was fixed?

Uladzislau Samuseu April 10, 2024

@Jack Brickey it's true

0 votes
Johann Riedel April 4, 2024

Hi Uladzislau,

we've encountered the exact same problem last week.

So I'm really looking forward to hearing what you were able to find out.

At least I can confirm that this is indeed an issue right now.

Currently restricting an issue is linked to the "administer project" permission, what makes no sense to me as members should be (and were, if I recall correctly) able to do this, as well.

And I'm of your opinion - the admin permission should only be needed for setting a default restriction on an issue type.

Uladzislau Samuseu April 4, 2024

Hi, @Johann Riedel 

We are negotiating with support at the moment. As soon as I receive an answer I will write the solution here.

Like Johann Riedel likes this
0 votes
Dexter de Vera
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

Hi @Uladzislau Samuseu ,

Have you tried to do the changes in the ticket view itself not in search view. Can you try to click the ticket ID. Then after you directed to the ticket itself you may do the update of security.

Hi @Dexter de Vera ,

Thanks for your suppose, but restrictions not work for non-admin roles in any views.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

Hi @Uladzislau Samuseu , you mentioned "how it was before". To the best of my knowledge this access permission has not changed since introduced. However maybe I am misunderstanding a question.

Greetings @Jack Brickey !

A week before it was an opportunity to restrict any issues even by users with non-admin roles. That's why i wrote so.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

That is interesting. I had not experienced that prior but admittedly I do not use TMP much.. Maybe something rolled out to change the behavior. Might be worth contacting Support to inquire.

Like # people like this

Thanks for participation anyway!

Like John Funk likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

I remain intrigued. I found this post from February of 2023 which illustrates the same wording on this permission. So, while the wording hasn't changed, may be something in the behavior has.

Where-is-the-"Restrict-any-issue" permission 

I believe that the error is in the behavior. I also sure that the wording was changed exactly last week in my case. But thanks for the info.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

So, you are using ScriptRunner Behaviours app?

Uladzislau Samuseu April 2, 2024

No, should I?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2024

No, I just got confused when I saw you mentioned behavior. 

Like Uladzislau Samuseu likes this
0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

Hi @Uladzislau Samuseu 

Have you had a non-admin user try that?

I'm reading it as you need to be an admin to set default restrictions, but non-admin users can limit access to issues normally.

Or is this what you're referring to have tested in the error screenshot?

Ste

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Non-admin users can't use restriction at all, even if they have "Restrict any issue" checkbox in their role. As far as I understand correctly, only admin now can restrict issue due creating and after that.

I think that's not work correctly, because now i can't give users with non-admin roles opportunity to restrict any issues at all, due creating or after that.

P.S. The screenshot with an error was made by non-admin user. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

The ability to restrict is a project admin only operation as stated.

It's illogical now, cuz if i have admin role i am able to restrict any issues already even without this checkbox

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

Hi @Uladzislau Samuseu 

Thanks for confirming. I was referencing this article (albeit from 2020) which states...

Please note, to set issue restrictions for issues in a next-gen project:

...which seems to suggest Members should be able to do it also?

Ste

Right, it were so till the last week, but now it's not, either you are member or have any other role with this checkbox

Like Johann Riedel likes this
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

Hi @Uladzislau Samuseu 

This might be a bug - but I couldn't find one matching this issue in the bug list.

I'd report this to Atlassian Support 

Let us know what they say :)

Ste

I'll try, thanks a lot!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

If you do report and get a response back, please update the post here for all of us interested in the outcome.

Like Uladzislau Samuseu likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events