Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my automation rule is not triggered ?

Raphaël NORYNBERG June 17, 2021

Hi everyone !

I'm trying to set a transition with automation rule, but it seems to never be triggered.

The rule contains 3 components :

When commit is created

if state is equal to "à dev"

then Make transition to the state "En cours de dev"

As I saw plenty of tickets about that topic, I have already made many checks :

- My DVCS account with Gitlab is activated, and my repo is listed on Jira.

- The automation rule is activated, on the relevant project, and the "actor" is "Automation for Jira".

Edit* : - When I do a commit quoting my Jira ticket, the commit does NOT appear on my Jira ticket.

- My workflow allows that transition.

Someone can help me to understand where is the problem ?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
nmenere
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2021

Hi @Raphaël NORYNBERG ,

The fact that a commit quoting the Jira ticket isn't being picked up suggests that the linking isn't correct. If Jira can't identify that a commit has been made, it wont pass the event onto Jira.

Can you double check that GitLab is connected properly and that the project is associated withe right Repo?

Cheers,
Nick Menere
Automation Group Product Manager

Raphaël NORYNBERG June 25, 2021

Hi @nmenere  !

Sorry I've been busy.

So I have restarted everything from scratch, and this is what I have done so far :

- Create an integration on my self-managed Gitlab with Jira using an api token made with my Athlassian account. => with that I can see my commits and MR when I comment them with my issue ID.

- Create an "application" Jira-integration on my gitlab user settings => this provided me the informations for the next step.

- Create a DVCS account on Jira with my self-managed Gitlab => My project is visible, synchronized and "Smart commits" are enabled.

- Recreate the automation rule described on my initial post => The automation rule is active, on my project, and using the "Automation for Jira" user.

My rule is still not triggered ...

Some additional informations :

- I can see the "Development" section in the side panel of my Jira issue

- In this same side panel when I click on "Rule executions" it says "No automations available."

- But then when I click on "Manage rules" it shows me my rule, activated.

So, any ideas ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events