Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to move status based on the Date Time picker field Data

lokesh August 12, 2022

Hello team,

I want to move the ticket from one status to another if it reaches the Date and Time given in the "Change Date and Time" field while creating the ticket.

#Jira Cloud

Regards,

Lokesh

1 answer

3 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2022

Hi @lokesh 

Welcome to the community.

Go to project settings -> automation and add new rule. Use Scheduled trigger and provide a JQL (Ex; due (or your customer date field) < now()). Then add an action (Transition Issue) and choose the destination step for automatic status change.

lokesh August 13, 2022

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz ,

Thank you for the quick response!

For the Scheduled trigger, when do I run the rule? will there be any specific time frame? Because tickets gets created every day or even every hour.

For example:

Ticket 1 - My Date picker field data is 08/14/2022 12:30 PM while creating the ticket.

Ticket 2 - My Date picker field data is 08/14/2022 1:00 PM

Let's say, my issues (Ticket 1 & Ticket 2) are at To Do status. When I reach the above time, these should move to In Progress.

Automation Rule:

Trigger - Scheduled

Action - Issue Transition to In Progress.

Do I need to run the rule for every 5 mins? 30 mins? 1 hour? or 1 Day?

Please suggest.

Screenshot 2022-08-14 113629.jpg

Thank you!

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2022

It is totally up to you. 

ps: Unfortunately, there is no trigger that will instantly detect when the deadline ends. Therefore, you should configure scheduler on time basis.

lokesh August 15, 2022

With the above JQL, I was not able to achieve even if I set the rule to run for every 10 mins.

My status is not getting changed. 

Thank You!

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2022

I assume that there are issues with due dates past. You can validate by clicking "Validate query":

Ekran Resmi 2022-08-15 17.20.11.png

Also please notice this feature "Only include issues that have changed since the last time this rule executed".

Can you check Audit Log of this rule? 

Like Sam Harding likes this
lokesh August 16, 2022

Screenshot 2022-08-16 123511.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events