Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Calculate Original Estimate

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan March 9, 2023

Hi,

Whenever I put any remaining time in the parent task and log some work in Its child task it will not cover the remaining time in the parent task but add the logged time in it. What I want when I will set the remaining time in the parent task to 24 hrs and when any work hours will be logged in its child task it will subtract the remaining time from the parent task.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2023

Hi @Muhammad Moazzam Hassan 

What do you mean by "parent task" and "child task"?  Specifically, what are the issue types and relationships between those?  Knowing that may help the community to offer suggestions.

And...do you already have an automation rule performing some type of updates for these issues?  If so, please post images of the complete rule and audit log details showing the execution.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

Muhammad Moazzam Hassan March 12, 2023

Hi @Bill Sheboy ,

Thank you for your response. My issue type is a task and the sub-issue type is a subtask. However, I have found the solution.

Solution: Whenever any work is logged in the child task it will automatically subtract the sub-task time logged from the parent task's remaining time.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events