Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View total work logged in a issue?

Sofia Quintero September 19, 2021

Hello,

I noted that in Jira cloud it´s not possible to view the total worklog or Σ Time Spent in a issue view.
I´m working on an automation for copy the sum of total hours logged in an issue to a custom field.

I´ve tried two types of custom field: Number and Text Field (single line).

The automation:

N.jpg

For copy the values of Σtime spent on the custom field i tried the following:

{{#=}}{{issue.subtasks.timeSpent.sum}}{{/}}

{{#=}}{{issue.childissue.timeSpent.sum}}{{/}}

{{#=}}{{issue.subtasks.timetracking.timeSpent.sum}}{{/}}

In all cases, the automation execute as successful, but both custom fields dont show anything.

any help?

2 answers

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 21, 2021

Hi @Sofia Quintero,
On behalf of the Planyway team, I'd like to suggest you check Planyway out. You can see the total tracked time on cards right on the timeline and compare it with the estimated effort. For example: Planyway time tracking for Jira Fields

If any questions, please feel free to reach out.

Sofia Quintero September 21, 2021

Hello @Maria , thank you for your suggestion. 

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2021

You should be able to see Original estimate and Time tracking....and they should provide all you need (without automation). Can you not see these fields in your instance?

Screenshot 2021-09-20 123207.png

Sofia Quintero September 19, 2021

@Curt Holley Thank you for answer, i realized that for some reason i couldn´t see time tracking as you indicated, in an instance that use Tempo. But i tried in other test instance that doesn´t have temppo installed, and y could see the same way as you showed in screnshoot.
Thank you.

Like Curt Holley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events