Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating custom fields should post a comment

Marcus February 22, 2024

Hello,

We have two custom fields of the date picker type and would like to automatically notify customers whenever the fields are updated. How could this be setup?

Also we support two languages and I cannot figure out how to pull info from the default "Request Language" field into the If/Else part of the rule.

We are using Jira-Service-Desk Cloud.

Appreciate any help

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2024

Hi @Marcus -

So you'd want to use the Field Value Changed Trigger

Now to check a field value, you'd normally you'd want to to use an Issue Fields Condition to check the "Request Language", but ah, I don't have that available, so it must be because that field is "special": 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Language-Support-and-Request-language-field-on-Service/ba-p/1860874

Great. :-/

So then it looks like we'll have to use a Smart Values Condition.

I had to do the following:

• Find the "Request Language" custom field's ID on my instance. 
  • Once I had that in hand, I needed to see what that Smart Value looks like, so I used the Log action to see what {{customfield_10045}} (AGAIN I believe this is specific to my instance - you have to follow the instructions above to find your instances own ID for the field) returns, which was this:
    • {languageCode=es, displayName=Spanish}

So then, putting it all together, you can create a Smart Values Condition that looks like this:

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 3.33.57 PM.png

Or this:

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 3.34.02 PM.png

Again, that customfield ID is UNIQUE TO MY INSTANCE (I think).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events