Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update incident fields/status when a linked issue is created

Michael Cheng August 3, 2021

Hi

Wondering if I could automate a ticket to update its status (WIP) and update a customer field when a linked ticket is created in another project?

Something like,

if link ticket created = Bug, then update customer field to bug and status to WIP and Pause SLA

If link ticket create = Task, then update customer field to task and status to WIP and Pause SLA

Update, - screenshot of what Iimage.png thought would work... it didn't.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

Hi @Michael Cheng ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, something like this should be possible and I think you're very close.

First of all, please, navigate to the Rule details -> field Scope - please check, if it is set to Multiple projects and all the projects you are working with are selected here.

Then there's Audit log - every time the automation rule is triggered, now record in audit log is created with the details, how the execution went. So, you are able to determine, if you were able to get to the transition action, or there are no linked issues etc. So, please navigate to the Audit log - are you able to recognize the problem from there? Or please share us a screenshot. Thank you.

Michael Cheng August 4, 2021

Hi Hana

Thank you for the info.

I have updated the field scope so now the scope is "multi project". Rule doesn't work but at least it gives me an audit now.

It looks like my conditions are incorrect. Any help would be much appreciated.

In theory, what I am trying to do is that.

If I create a linked ticket from a support ticket in project IQEP, it will check to see if the new ticket is created in project Dev and if the issue type is Bug, if so update  the support ticket etc

Screenshot 2021-08-04 104601.png

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

Hi @Michael Cheng ,

I would probably change the logic, because you want to do some actions in service project:

(GKP -> Dev project, GSP -> IQEP project)

rule.png

Michael Cheng August 4, 2021

Hi Hana

That has worked! Thank you very much for your assistance.

Kind regards

Mike 

Like Hana Kučerová likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events