Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Service Desk ticket when linked Jira issue is transitioned

Maliha Khan June 9, 2022

Goal: When a Jira ticket in the DEV project is transitioned, I want the linked Jira Service Desk ticket to transition from Open > In Progress > Done as well. 

I have a legacy automation set up for this already that used to work before but it stopped working at some point. So instead of troubleshooting that, I thought maybe I'd take this opportunity to move the automation to the new UI/UX.

However, when creating a new rule, I don't see a way to set a trigger for "if a linked issue is transitioned". Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

2 answers

3 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

Hi @Maliha Khan 

You don't have to search for "if a linked issue is transitioned". You could use something like the following image, although currently I don't have the time to test it:

transition linked.png

However the logic is simple:

• Check when an issue transitions to a status
  • Check if that issue is of a certain issue type
  • Add a branch rule (you may choose all link types, or only those you want)
  • Add a condition that the above issue is located in the service desk project of your choice
  • Transition the issue to done as well
Steven Schouppe
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

Hi @Maliha Khan 

I confirm we use the same logic as explained by @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ .

Cheers,
Steven

2 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2022

Hi Maliha --

I think you need to flip your logic.

The trigger would be on whether a ticket in ANY project is transitioned to In Progress or Done. You would then need to check if it is in the DEV project. If so then you can select a Branch of Linked Issues, and if the project for the linked issue is your JSD project, transition it to the very handy option of Destination status: Copy from trigger issue.

It'll look something like this:

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 12.55.11 AM.png

Let us know if you run into any issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events