Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown fields set during create using JSON

Peter Fahlstrom February 7, 2021

Hi, i am trying to use this code for setting the "Status" field to 'something' in the Additional fields section..for some strange reason the "Status" field is not recognized..i receive this error message:

'Unknown fields set during create, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored -Status (status)'

...but the field is clearly visible in my task layout..

{
"fields": {
"status": "SOMETHING"
}
}

What am i doing wrong here?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Thanks for your reply Gareth,

my automation rule is based on a task being created on a schedule, as i am applying the Transitioning the new task does not receive this value, but the Epic that is scheduled does, apparently i am doing something wrong here...

Gareth Cantrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2021

Hi Peter,

I'm assuming you are using a Create issue action somewhere in your rule. If this is the case, you can follow it with a Branch rule/related issues component set to "Most recently created issue" which will act on the last issue created in the rule and then use the transition issue action inside that

1 vote
Gareth Cantrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2021

Hi @Peter Fahlstrom 

The status field is set by transitioning the issue through the workflow which is why you cannot set it directly.

When an issue is created, it will be set to the status linked to the Create transition of the workflow.

You will need to use the Transition issue action in an automation rule to move the issue to the correct status.

0 votes

I was too fast in my reply, i added a branch rule prior the Transition rule with the definition of 'For All created issues' and that looks to be working..

Thanks!

Gareth Cantrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2021

You figured it out just as I hit send on my reply 😄 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events