Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URLs within Automation emails

Beth Wilkinson October 2, 2023

I have created an automation that will send an email to specified users when documents have been attached to the subtask. 

Everything is working as expected except that when you click on the URL within the email, it states that "You don't have access to this issue". This happens even with the administrators of the project. 

Any suggestions on what might be happening or is this a bug? 

DocumentsAdded.pngEmail.pngError.png

2 answers

3 votes
Giovanni Melai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2023

Hi @Beth Wilkinson ,

I think you can try to substitute 

{{url}}|{{key}} - {{summary}}

with

<a href="{{url}}">{{key}} - {{summary}}</a>

Even if I'm not able to reproduce the behavior it seems to me that the link is created in the wrong way.

I hope this helps

Beth Wilkinson October 2, 2023

Thank you sooo much! This worked perfectly!!!

Like Giovanni Melai likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2023

Hi @Beth Wilkinson 

Just following up to check if this answered your question.  If so, please consider marking this one as "answered".  That will help others with a similar need find solutions faster.  If not, please let the community know what help you need with the rule changes.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

Beth Wilkinson November 6, 2023

It did, but I don't have the mark it as answered like I have seen before. I will try and figure out what happened.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
2 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2023

Use {{issue.url.customer}}, that will give you the portal link that the customer can access. The {{url}} that you are using only works for users that have agent access to the project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events