• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trying to set remaining estimate to zero when a story is closed but its not working

Using Jira v8.4.0 and trying to set story level remaining estimate to zero when its closed and its not working

Used Edit issue and JSON 

{
"fields": {
"timetracking": {
"remainingEstimate": "0",
"originalEstimate": "{{timetracking.originalEstimate}}"
}
}
}

But it errors as below as extracted from audit log. I added a comment fld at the end just to see if its getting values for originalEstimate and remainingEstimate and it does as I can see the values in the comment field

Edit issue

No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project):NIP-15474Unknown fields set during edit, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored -Time Tracking (timetracking)

Comment on issue

Comment added to issue{{timetracking.originalEstimate}} {{timetracking.remainingEstimate}}

Also tried using system field "Remaining estimate" and it didnt work either.

1 answer

1 accepted

I tried solving myself.

Looks like Jira automation cannot edit fields once the trigger is on an issue being closed as it perhaps doesnt find the object/fld anymore. So I had to add addl. action to transition the issue back to "Re-opened" status and edit the remaining estimate fld and then transition back to "Copy from trigger issue" status which is either closed/done in my case.

Also I leveraged edit issue fld "Remaining estimate" and didnt need to use smart value/JSON

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Automation

Announcing the Jira automation template library!

Hi all,  After many months of work, I am delighted to announce the launch of the Jira Automation Template Library!  The Template Library is a new website dedicated to all things Jira au...

984 views 17 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you