Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger an action on a multi-user picker "newly added values"

mlopez-preference May 5, 2021

Hello all,

I have a multi-user picker field called "Followers". When a user is added to this Followers list, I want to automatically add it to the watchers list. I figured out how to do that by triggering the action when the field Followers changes on the smart value {{issue.follwers.name}} .
The problem is that the action applies to all the users in the Followers list every time it triggers. If a user decides to stop watching the issue and later on a new user is added to the Follwers list, all the followers are added to the watchers, and so is the user that decided to stop watching. I need to apply the action only to "newly added users to the follwers list". Is there a way to figure out who these users are using smart values? 

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

While there is a {{changelog}} Smart Value that should be able to show you what you're looking for, it unfortunately only works for summary, issuetype, and status.

There is an open Improvement request for this:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-407

Alas, we cannot vote for those.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events