Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Transition destination status not resolved

I'm using automation to try to transition an issue to the next status in a workflow. I have a screen for all status transitions, with the minimum being just a comment screen if no other information is required.

So first question is ... if a transition has a screen then will that stop my automation working?

I suspected it might so I created an "All" transition to the status I want to go to, without a screen and renamed it to "Auto". Then I set the transition match in Automation to ".*uto.*" (without the quotes) ... but I get the below message.

Any tips or advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks Mark

Transition issue

Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status):REL-376 (Submitted - 10177)

1 answer

0 votes
nmenere Atlassian Team Sep 13, 2020

Hi Mark,

Did you get this working?

Screens wont affect whether transitions as fields aren't required (except Resolution when used).

Is this a next-gen project in Cloud? We have recently made this a lot easier to specify Statuses and no longer show duplicate names.

A screen shot of your rule will help see what is going on.

Cheers,
Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

128 views 1 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you