Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status category track Automation for JIRA

Masudur Rahman December 1, 2020

Hi, 

Can I have check all yellow/color status to green/color status instead of individual status as the trigger? 

I want to have an automation rule execute when the issue status [In Progress] to [Done]. I can add trigger [In Progress] to [Done], but my requirement is to check all yellow category status like "In Progress" to green[Done]. 

Thanks
Masud

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Hi @Masudur Rahman 

Are you asking if there is a trigger on StatusCategory changing?  If so, the answer is "not yet".  There is an item in the Code Barrel backlog to add this:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1722

There are a couple of work-arounds, depending upon how often you want to update and other field usage:

• If you are using the resolution field, you can trigger on a change to that field to detect issues moved to a "done" category field, or...
  • If you do not need to immediately execute the rule, you can use a scheduled rule with JQL detecting changes to status category within recent time.  For example:
project = myProject
AND statusCategoryChangedDate >= -1h
AND statusCategory = "Done"

Best regards,

Bill

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

Thank you for the quick reply, Yes, was looking for a status category trigger.

The workaround can be done by a scheduled trigger which will have some delay and we want to have real-time instead of scheduled. 

Thank you.
Masud

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Thanks for confirming...

There is a 3rd work-around to just check for a status change (transition) and then follow that with a condition check on status category.  That should do what you want immediately after a change.

__Bill

Like # people like this

Thank you very much. :)

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events