Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint assign

Regina
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 3, 2024

how do I create a Jira automation:
when I assign sprint to a user story
I want the target and end date to be updated automatically
what is the appropriate automation step-by-step

1 answer

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2024

Hi @Regina , welcome to the community.

there are different ways to accomplish this, but I will provide what I think would be the best approach. Basically what you would want is a rule that would run when the sprint is started and then for all issues in the active sprint, the dates would be updated. This one sure that you don't set dates before you commit to sprint and as well the sprint dates are not locked down until you start the sprint. 

so the rule would basically look like this:

• trigger - sprint started
  • branch - for issues in sprint
  • action - edit issue and set the two dates using smartvalues

hair is an example that should get you started. Note that the two date fields that I am setting are likely not the ones you want to set but the ones that I had available to me in my test project.

IMG_3600.jpeg

let me know if you have any questions. I will try to get back to it when I can.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2024

Hi @Regina -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Adding to Jack's answer...

An adjustment to the suggested rule is to specifically use the Sprint which started the trigger, rather than values from the issues:

• {{sprint.startDate}} instead of {{issue.sprint.startDate}}
  • {{sprint.endDate}} instead of {{issue.sprint.endDate}}

If issues have carried over from prior sprints, using {{issue.sprint.startDate}} will produce a list of dates rather than one value.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2024

Good catch @Bill Sheboy !

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2024

Hi @Regina 

Just checking if this answered your question.  If so, please mark this one as "answered" to help others find solutions faster.  If not, provide any additional information to help the community offer suggestions.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events