Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slack notification - channel per-project?

Mark Haller December 20, 2020

When an urgent ticket is raised in any JIRA project, I want to send a Slack notification stating an urgent ticket was raised - no problem, done that already.

What I want though is to send that Slack notification to a channel specific to the JIRA project - for instance JIRA project "Client 22" got to channel "#my-client-22" and JIRA project "ABC Curtains" goes to channel "ABC Curtains"

Anyone got any idea how I can do this?  Can I pass parameters to the channel name in the Automation?  If so, how do I get it to be driven from the project?

At a huge push, I could do some big, if/then statement - but I don't even know how to do that.

Thank you!!

edit - sorry, forgot to say I’m using JIRA Server

2 answers

0 votes
Artem Galiev December 20, 2020

Hi @Mark Haller ,

you should install Jira Cloud app to your Slack.

After that you have to add it to exact channel, enter  "/jira manage" command and configure the needed events to be shown in this channel.

Mark Haller December 21, 2020

Sorry Artem - I’ve just edited the question to add that I’m using JIRA Server

Artem Galiev December 21, 2020

Oh. Unfortunately I don't know how to configure it for the server version of JIRA, sorry.

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2020
Mark Haller December 20, 2020

Hey there

thanks for taking time to reply but I’m not seeing an answer to my question on that link?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events