Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set custom userpicker field with all users in specific role

Rudi Strydom January 12, 2023

Hi Everyone

We have a custom field that represents the Product Owner. During the workflow of the issue we have an automation "edit issue fields" action that sets the custom field to a manually entered list of users.

We currently have a Product Owner role in the project, and I would like to dynamically retrieve all the users in this role rather than updating hardcoded rules.

Thanks

Rudi

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2023

Hi @Rudi Strydom 

As far as I know, this is not directly possible at this point - the Action to set a Multi-user picker works off Group, but not Project Role.

If you could place the Product Owners into a Group instead, you could easily reference that in the Edit Issue Action.

For Project Role, there is a feature request to add this - vote for/watch AUT-279 

---

The other alternative, according to this question/answer, is:

One work-around would be to call the REST API with a web request from the rule to get the role information with this method:

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/1000.824.0/#api/2/project/{projectIdOrKey}/role-getProjectRole

But, this isn't something I've personally tried!

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events