Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send teams message with release notes after successfull production deployment

Eric Forthofer July 15, 2024

Hello community, hope you can help me!

I want an automation that sends me all the issues, bugs, etc which are connected in a successfull deployment in production stage and send that all in one teams message as a release note. Do you have any ideas or have you such an automation running? 

2 answers

2 votes
Sujeet Pathak July 15, 2024

Hi @Eric Forthofer  , We have built an app in the Atlassian marketplace that helps users automate their entire release notes process - Automated release notes & reports for Jira.

Specific to your use case, you can post release notes to a specific Microsoft Teams channel through email. One can easily get a dedicated email address to particular channels in MS Teams. Configure it within ARN's email rule action. That’s it. You will start receiving release notes directly in MS Teams. You can automatically trigger the email rule action through different triggers such as version release, sprint completion, webhook, etc. 

If you are on the cloud, we even have a free version of this app to get you started quickly. Do check out and reach out here if you need any further information.

Thanks,
Sujeet 

Thanks for info i think we will try your solution.

Like Sujeet Pathak likes this
0 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2024

Hi @Eric Forthofer 

Thanks for asking.

How do you do the deployment?

Where do you store the release notes?

Thanks,
Leo

We do deploy our code in Azure DevOps and with the successful build on production i want to trigger an automated release note with all issues in that build or till the production stage.

Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2024

and I assume you have all your issues in Jira, correct?

If so, you can use:

- Jira Releases feature - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-releases-and-versions/

- Assuming you are using something like Azure DevOps for Jira app to get builds/deployments info into Jira.

- You can send notification to Microsoft Teams using a Jira connector like this one.

- the message will include the link to the release (if you configure it) that will contain the release notes).

Another way could be: explore Jira Automation (it support release notitications) and Teams event -> you will need to code more.

Anyway, pls let me know if you want to jump on a zoom call to discuss this further.

Cheers,
Leo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events