cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send reminder email with issue list to every assignee when sprint is started

Christian Gräfe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 28, 2024

I am looking for an automation that sends an email to every assignee when the sprint is started.

Every assignee = all assignees that are mentioned in the issues of the activated sprint.

Email should contain a list with all issues where the user is the current assignee.

I managed it for one person (me) and could replicate it, but would be much effort.

Trigger = Sprint is started 

lookup issues to collect all issues in current sprint for the assignee (jql)

email to assignee with body 

<ul>
{{#lookupIssues}}<li><a href="{{url}}">{{key}}</a> - {{summary}}</li>{{/}}</ul>

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2024

Hi @Christian Gräfe -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First thing, I am using Jira Cloud, and not the Data Center version.  My suggestions are based on what I know about rules, so please test for your Jira version.

Second thing: if this is a scrum team, and the people participated in sprint planning, wouldn't they already know this information about the sprint scope / assignments?

Back to your rule, I do not believe what you describe is possible with Jira Data Center yet.  The feature which would support this for rules is advanced branching, allowing iteration over the unique assignees for the sprint from a smart value.  Here is the suggestion to add that feature for Data Center: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAAUTOSERVER-749

As a workaround, you could try this:

• Create a saved filter to return the issues in the current sprint and which are assigned to currentUser()
project = yourProjectName
AND sprint IN openSprints()
AND assignee = currentUser()
ORDER BY Rank ASC
  • And then try...
    • PUSH information method: With your automation rule triggered on sprint start, use the lookup issues action to identify the issues and the distinct assignees with {{lookupIssues.assignees.emailAddress.distinct}} and send them the email with the link to the saved filter, or...
    • PULL information method: Ask the team members to subscribe to the filter on a cadence matching the sprint starts

Kind regards,
Bill

Christian Gräfe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2024

thanks for your input, this workaround will help me

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events