cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email via automation for Jira fails

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

trying to send emails to a specific project role when a certain field is updated. When I try to send it to just the project role, it fails and says it's due to the value in the "to" field missing

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 9.43.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-01 at 9.49.11 AM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Hi @Clark Everson 

I do not believe you can do that yet as there is an item in the Code Barrel backlog to add it:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-537

As a work-around you could add a custom field (user list) for your developer people, populate the field on issue creation, and use that field as the "To" for sending emails.

Best regards,

Bill

wwalser
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2020

I've linked this community question to that ticket in the hope that we can follow-up here should the ticket get picked up.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
1 vote
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2020

Hi Clark,

We support this in Notification Assistant for Jira if you're on Server or Data Center. We're working to add this to our Cloud version as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events