Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Send email via automation for Jira fails

Edited
Clark Everson Community Leader Dec 01, 2020

trying to send emails to a specific project role when a certain field is updated. When I try to send it to just the project role, it fails and says it's due to the value in the "to" field missing

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 9.43.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-01 at 9.49.11 AM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Clark Everson 

I do not believe you can do that yet as there is an item in the Code Barrel backlog to add it:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-537

As a work-around you could add a custom field (user list) for your developer people, populate the field on issue creation, and use that field as the "To" for sending emails.

Best regards,

Bill

wwalser Atlassian Team Dec 05, 2020

I've linked this community question to that ticket in the hope that we can follow-up here should the ticket get picked up.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Hi Clark,

We support this in Notification Assistant for Jira if you're on Server or Data Center. We're working to add this to our Cloud version as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Automation

New to Jira Automation - goodbye Cron (sort of), hello new project created trigger, new additions to

Hey Everyone! Simeon from the Automation team here. I'm delighted to share some new features and improvements that we are shipping to Jira automation (Cloud only). Firstly, @Sam Harding&nbsp...

2,842 views 10 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you