Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send an e-mail to chosen recipient, when place is tagged and case changes status

Kamilla Hansen March 27, 2023

In my workplace Jira is used to create issues from different municipalities in the country. The municipalities must be filled in manually inside each case. Is there any way to create an automation that sends out an email through Outlook to specific recipients, connected to each municipality chosen in Jira?

Let's say an issue is created in Oslo > issue gets marked as ex. "Replacement" > Email automatically gets sent to "Customer, Oslo". 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2023

If you are using JSM (which I am assuming is the case), then making use of Organisations to group the customers would be a good solution.

Kamilla Hansen May 24, 2023

Yes we're using JSM. But how would I create an automation that is connected to Outlook? What I want is the change of a tickets status in Jira, to directly trigger an action (like sending a pre-constructed email to a specific recipient) i another program.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2023

Hi @Kamilla Hansen 

I presume the municipality is a custom field you have setup. Is this a cascading list or are you referencing an object schema?

If you are using an object schema, are you using a filter issue scope to narrow down the results to municipality assigned to the reporter?

Regards,

Suzi

Kamilla Hansen May 24, 2023

Yes, the municipalities are a custom field we have set up. It's an object schema, with a filter that narrows down the results to specified departments availble in each municipality. 

Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2023

Hi @Kamilla Hansen 

Based on what you've said, you may need to add a few more automations to potentially get this working.

What you could do is setup an automation so that when a particular site is selected in the field, it sets a list of users/customers in the request participants field. Trigger being based on whenever the Municipality field is changed.

That would then allow you to create an automation like so:

Trigger: Value Changes for Municipality

Condition: Site contains "Municipality"

Action: Send Email to Request Participants

ice_screenshot_20230526-143322.png

Also, I'm not sure how you decide what municipality is selected on each ticket, however if this is based on the reporter, you could automate this to set the municipality when the ticket is created.

Suzi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events