Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a single email notification for unassigned issues

John Cross July 3, 2024

I would like to use automation to send out an email at 9am each day as a reminder when there are any issues in a specific project that have not yet been assigned.

I have the basics working, but my problem is that an email is sent for each issue that is unassigned - I only want to send one email out.

The rule looks something like this:

[WHEN: 9am each day]
JQL: updated <= startOfDay(-1d) AND statusCategory != Done

[IF: all match]
Assignee = empty

[THEN: send email]

I have tried playing with entity properties but it seems to send multiple emails the first time and then never run again. I need it to run daily, but only send one email.

Any help appreciated!!

john

2 answers

3 votes
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2024

@John Cross rather than using automation for this you can use subscriptions on a filter.

So first off create a filter:

• updated <= startOfDay(-1d) AND statusCategory != Done AND assignee is EMPTY

Then under Filter Details add a subscription - you can either get everyone who you want to see the scheduled subscription notification to create a personal subscription, or you can create a group with everyone you want to receive the notification.

Jacques July 3, 2024

I agree with @Stephen_Lugton ... Using a subscription is a much better solution than overloading automation with this. Some more details on filters and subscriptions can be found in this article.

Like Stephen_Lugton likes this
1 vote
Duc Thang TRAN
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2024

Hello @John Cross 

Here is my suggest : 

Capture d’écran 2024-07-03 123027.png

Hope this can help you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events