Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Slack message sends too many messages that are the same

y.perfilov July 30, 2020

Hi there!

I've noticed that there might be a problem (it may be on my end but I've dicided to start from asking the community): the send Slack message action sends as many messages as there are tasks have been found by JQL. 

My aim is to show a list of tasks that are in a status for more than two days.

The automation I've made:

chrome_KEdYt14k0x.png

JQL finds 19 issues. So, the goal is to send one message to Slack with a list of these issues. Instead, I'm recieving 19 messages to Slack that are the same: there is a list and a custom text.

Is there a way of making Jira automation to send one message to Slack? The automation used to work a week ago. It was sending only one message with a list.

I've tried doing the thing via the condition (if/if/else) as well to no avail...

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sam Harding
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2020

Hi,

The reason this is happening is due to the trigger configuration. The scheduled trigger is using JQL to find issues which match that criteria (project = SH and status = "In review" etc). For every issue that this JQL finds, it will execute the rule, so therefore when it finds 19 issues which match this criteria, it executes this rule 19 times (hence the 19 slack messages). Given you are using lookup Issues to find the issues you are wanting to send to slack anyway, you can simply remove this JQL from the Scheduled trigger (deselecting the 'Run a JQL search and execute.....' option), and the rule should behave as you are wanting.

Let us know if this works for you or if you have any further issues.

Cheers!

y.perfilov August 3, 2020

Thank you! Silly me :D

Like Sam Harding likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events