Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Slack message not from "Automation for Jira"

Zaur Suleymanov November 19, 2020

I configured the Automation rule so that Jira sends message to a particular Slack channel at each release. But as more teams start using this rule, very similar messages are posted in this channel on behalf of "Automation for Jira" or "incoming-webhook". 

Is there any way to make such Slack messages posted on behalf of particular Jira users? Or at least on behalf of Project Lead?  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

Hi @Zaur Suleymanov ,

I've tested it and it seems to me there is no such possibility. Maybe you can add some sort of information about users to the beggining of the message?

If you need more customization, maybe you can try some application for integration with Slack.

Zaur Suleymanov November 20, 2020

Thanks Hana, yeah, that's a workaround I am currently advocating. The only natural human problem is that putting names can be sometimes missed :)  

Like John likes this
John
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2020

Hi @Zaur Suleymanov ,

Just wanted to confirm that as @Hana Kučerová said, this is not currently possible. Our Slack integration is done via a webhook which doesn't allow us to imitate users. 

Thanks,

John

Like Zaur Suleymanov likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events