Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run an automation rule for archiving pages based on a Label

Veronica John May 9, 2024

Hi, 

I've been trying to test if we can run an automation rule to archive a pages based on a "label". But I've had no success. Could someone please help me with the steps I need to take ?

Currently this is what I've tried but the rule keeps failing: What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 12.39.48 PM.png

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2024

Hi Veronica,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

My guess is that it is your IF condition that is stopping your automation. Instead of comparing two values use the CQL option instead and set it to this CQL:

label = 'to-be-archived'

Veronica John May 9, 2024

Thank you!! This worked!! :) 

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2024

If you are on the Premium or Enterprise Plan you can now use page conditions instead of the CQL, see the new announcement about it here.

0 votes
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2024

It's most likely the {{labels.name}} in your if block. labels returns a list, so the equal condition isn't going to work, you can try switching it to 'contains'.

Name

{{label.name}} – the name of the label

{{labels.name}} – a list of names of all the labels that were added or removed

0 votes
Jerrold - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2024

Hi @Veronica John 

Could you kindly share the audit log for the automation process, Were there any errors reported, and is there a specific reason why the archive action was executed twice before sending the email.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events