Run Powershell Script from an automation rule

Mark Cartwright May 27, 2021

Hello,

I've just started researching this subject but thought I'd ask here first.

Is it possible to run a powershell script from an automation rule please?  

Looking to add users to AD groups off the back of approvals.

If not, is there a better suited tool?

Many thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Gareth Cantrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

@Mark Cartwright if you're running on Jira Server or Data Center in a Windows environment, it could be possible.

If you have ScriptRunner from Adaptavist installed, you get a Scripted action in your automation rules. You could use this and a bit of Groovy script to kick off a PowerShell script with relative ease.

Mark Cartwright May 27, 2021

@Gareth Cantrell Sorry, had forgot to mention we're running on Jira Server and do have ScriptRunner installed.  Am researching that route so thank you for confirming I'm on the right path.  Would you happen to have any good sources to learn from?  No worries if not.

Thank you.

Gareth Cantrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

Although, I'm not sure how fit-for-purpose this would be for your use-case. If you're using Azure for your AD, there is an API you can use by using the Send Web request action in an automation rule.

Like Mark Cartwright likes this
Gareth Cantrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2021

@Mark Cartwright if you're using AzureAD, I cover a complete example using the Azure API in my book, Automating Everyday Tasks in Jira.

If you go the ScriptRunner route, Adaptavist has a handy library of scripts at https://library.adaptavist.com which may give you a head start.

Like Mark Cartwright likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events