Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule to Transition Epic Status based on linked issue status not working

pflaherty February 18, 2021

I created a rule that looks at the status of all linked issue types, and when those are either Done or Removed, and the Epic is in status "In Progress" then the Epic is transitioned to Ready for QA. 

The rule runs but does not update the status of the epic when all conditions are met.  I must be missing something...all that named statuses are correct, so thinking it is something in the Rule.  

Here is the rule. 

JiraRule.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gareth Cantrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2021

Hi @pflaherty ,

The only issue types which have a parent is sub-task. 

if you change the branch rule to Epic rather than parent it should work. 

That did not work..but got a little closer I think. There is more info in the audit log now. JiraAutomationAuditLog.PNG

It just worked!  I also had to change the linked issues condition in the parent to "Stories (or other issues in this Epic)...

Thanks for the help!  It got me on my way. 

This is the final working version of the rule:

JiraAutomationAuditLog.PNG

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

can you share the audit log? I would suggest adding in "log action" to record the fields when the issue is triggered. this often help when viewing the log.

Thanks. I'll try to add "log action" into the rule. 

here is an image of the audit logJiraAutomationAuditLog.PNG

I dont see anything named "log action"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events