Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule not running automatically

Shilpa G August 10, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 9.29.18 PM.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shilpa G August 10, 2021

It works fine when it is triggered manually, but doesn't update when it is automated.

Shilpa G August 11, 2021

@Melo @Jack Brickey 

This issue is now fixed.

The problem was with the Post function. It was calling another event and I changed it to Issue creation and Generic event respectively for both the transitions. 

I reached out to Atlassian support and they helped me fix it.

Thank you for your help.

Like Melo likes this
CSTI - Soporte January 21, 2022

Hi,

Could you explain how fixed it please? I have the same problem.

Shilpa G January 24, 2022

@CSTI - Soporte please make the change in the transition where this rule is being called. You have different default functions there. You can edit it to call Issue creation.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2021

what do you see in audit logs?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2021

the image you provided is not helpful. I assume you are testing by creating a new issue in the project where this rule exists? when you do that please view the associated log and share the details.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2021

I dont understand "It works fine when it is triggered manually, but doesn't update when it is automated."

this rule should trigger whenever an issue is created. it isn't a manual rule.

Shilpa G August 10, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 10.05.06 PM.png

Shilpa G August 10, 2021

The above can easily be called and fields get updated, but the same does not work on issues created, issue transitioned, etc.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2021

what happens if you create an issue?

Shilpa G August 10, 2021

Nothing happens on the automatic rule, the fields stay blank. 

If manually run, the fields get updated.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2021

i need to see the audit log associated with an issue being created. if the rule does not trigger at all when an issue is created then either...

• the rule is not in the same project where the issue was created
  • there is a bug with automation
  • unknown reason
Shilpa G August 10, 2021

@Jack Brickey Please can you share steps on how I can get the audit logs?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2021

On Aug 10 you replied to Melo with an image of the audit log but it was only for the config change. The point is that The audit log is in that very place where you took that image.

project settings > automation > audit log

find the entry that is associated with the create issue event. It may show success or failure. Click on show more and share the results.

5E244B4C-188C-4A05-909C-19EE6D4E2DE7.jpeg

Shilpa G August 11, 2021

It doesn't show anything only says Config Changes every time I edit it.

CP_POC is a multiple group picker field that I am trying to update.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2021

Ok. For the project associated with these issues please go to the following location and give me the screenshot. Project settings > Automation 

I want to see the list of rules for that project and please indicate which rule is in question here. Similar to below.

CBBBA20A-8848-45F2-8E6D-555DF138F431.jpeg

0 votes
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2021

Hi Shilpa,

Could you please provide the audit log for this rule?

Thanks,

Melo

Shilpa G August 10, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 9.43.35 PM.png

Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2021

Hi @Shilpa G,

As mentioned, you should check the scope of your rule.

You can do that by going to "Rule details", then select the "Scope".

I would suggest using a single project, like the example below.

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 1.29.57 PM.png

Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2021

Also, if you're not planning to trigger this rule in multiple events, you can choose the trigger "Issue Created" instead of "Multiple events">"Issue Created"
Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 1.35.51 PM.png

Shilpa G August 10, 2021

@Melo it is a single project.

It does not work even if I set it to issue created.

Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2021

Hi Shilpa, that's strange. 

Here are some tips for debugging your rule

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/debug-a-rule/

Also, some information about service limits, but I guess that shouldn't be the case

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-are-service-limits/

You can check how many executions you had - I think some cloud subscriptions may have limitations

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-performance-insights/ 

I'm not sure if I will be able to help further, if the scope is fine, and if you're creating issues and the rule is not being triggered being triggered. I would suggest opening a ticket with Atlassian support.

Thanks,

Melo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events