Rule has stopped functioning

Paula Manildi October 28, 2021

AutoRule.jpg

Rule was created so when an issue is moved to Under Review, and is a Change Request, an email is to be sent to Devops. It was working. Then turned off. When turned back on, it has not started working. I even recreated and that rule is not working. What am I missing?

CM wf.jpg

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andreas Knecht
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2021

Hi @Paula Manildi ,

Is your workflow transition configured with a custom event by any chance? You can see this in the workflow's post-functions.  It should be firing a 'Generic event'.  If it's any other type of event then this wont work currently due to a limitation in Jira Cloud, where Jira wont trigger a workflow transition event if a custom event type is used!

Cheers,
Andrears

Paula Manildi October 28, 2021

That was it! it was a custom event, I changed it to a generic one and it works now

2 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2021

Do your Audit logs show anything?

It's useful to add Logging before and after the IF clause to see things the values of things like: {{issue.status.name}} and {{issue.issueType.name}}

1 vote
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2021

If the Audit Log for that rule doesn't show errors or executions when expected, confirm that the rule is enabled.

If it is enabled, then maybe check your Automation usage to ensure you haven't exceeded any limits for your plan:

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 12.48.15 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events