Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reopen automation doesn't exclude words in email

Functioneel Beheer Schadefonds December 13, 2022

I got a reopen automation rule where the issue is reopened after a new comment is made. It should exclude different forms thank. So I made a advanced compare condition that compares {{comment.body}} with a regex containing thank with the condition does not contain. If someone comments with thanks through Jira on the issue the rule is blocked. The problem is when someone reacts to a mail and that one is scraped and put in a comment. In the audit log the email reaction with thanks goes through and the automation is a succes. Do I need a different field when a email is made into a comment?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Functioneel Beheer Schadefonds December 13, 2022

The problem was not being a email, but it was in the compare two values. I had it on does not match regular expression, but that only triggered in some cases. I needed a does not contain. I solved it by having it by making the condition "contains regular expression" and rewrite the regex with negative look ahead by adding "?!".

compare two values checks if:

{{comment.body}} contains regex ^(?i)(?![^,]*dank[^,]*|[^,]*thank[^,]*)

Now the rule fails if a comment contains a form thanks.

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Functioneel Beheer Schadefonds 

I am not following what you are asking as your need.  Perhaps if you...

• post images of your complete automation rule and
  • the audit log details showing the execution, and
  • explain how it does not work as you expect...that will provide context for the community to offer suggestions

Thanks, and kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events