Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sending an email with a list of issues using Automati...

Balaji Cherukuri March 26, 2021

Seems email "to" with assignee, reporter not working.

Is there any way to solve that.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2021

Hi @Balaji Cherukuri , welcome to the Community!

I've split your question off from the original thread at this link . If I understand correctly, you'd like to send an email from Jira Automation, and the recipients should be the assignee and reporter of an issue.

The Send Email action should have both the reporter and assignee available as options in the To: dropdown, as shown in this example:

image.png

Do those values not appear?

The email may come from noreply@automationforjira.com - which might not be on your organization's approved recipients list. That's another thing to check for if it appears the rule is configured properly but the recipients aren't seeing the emails in their inboxes.

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Balaji Cherukuri April 2, 2021

@Daniel Eads for single issue this approach works but not for the list of issues. For example in the following case, I couldn't find a way to add all issues "assignees" and "reporters" in TO.

```

{{#lookupIssues}}
* {{url}}: Assignee:{{assignee.displayName}}
{{/}}

```

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2021

Ah, I gotcha. You can use the lookup as a smart value in the To: field - 

image.png

For example, to get all the assignees for the list of issues from my lookup, you can paste this value in as the smart value:

{{#lookupIssues}}{{assignee.emailAddress}},{{/}}

(note the comma after the email address portion - necessary to make it a valid list).

If you happened to log the output of this, you might note that you'll see some duplicate email addresses if the list has issues that are assigned to the same folks. The duplicates should be stripped out by the email system. In testing this, I used a lookup that had 13 issues assigned to 2 users. The emails were delivered only once to those two assignee users.

Cheers,
Daniel

Balaji Cherukuri April 2, 2021

Super neat!

Thank you

Like Daniel Eads likes this
Tiago Ribeiro February 3, 2022

Hi everyone, 

I have tried this solution but it's not working.
I have printed the email field and it is being populated with the correct emails. 

Is there any caveat or configuration needed to make it work?

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events