cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST API for Jira Cloud Insight

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2022

I could not find any information whether REST API is available for Insight cloud.

I need to add comments to Insight object from Automation for Jira. The reason for that is that I need to link Jira ticket and Insight object so that it will be possible to find out who created Insight object and why.

1 answer

1 vote
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2022

Hi @Sergei Gridnevskii - Here's the documentation for the Insight API

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/insight/rest/api-group-icon/#api-icon-id-get

Though I don't see anything related to comments which could mean that's not available through API.

Given your use case, an option could be that you have a specific project for Insight change management.  When a new object is created, you could have an automation rule triggered off of the object create with some steps like this:

1. Give the object a status of something like "Pending approval"
  2. Generate an issue on your new project that would be used for tracking the commentary around the new object

This would enable you to have a link on that object to a specific issue that retains all of the justification for creation of that object.  Once the issue is resolved, you can have another rule update the object:

1. If resolution = <some indicator that it was approved> change the status to something like "Active"
  2. If resolution = <some indicator that it was rejected> delete the object

Hope this helps.

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2022

Thanks, Mark

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events