Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question related to Confluence automation

javed.faruquee March 23, 2023

Hi,

I was looking for a way to automate archive PAGE or SPACE in confluence based on flag or comment or label which user can choose indicating that the PAGE is no longer actively used or SPACE for the Project is not actively used coz project is completed and thus they should  be archived making them READ ONLY with DELETE restrictions for such SPACE or PAGE.

Regards

Javed

3 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2023

@javed.faruquee  With the Better Content Archiving app, you can configure an automation with this CQL:

label = "not-used"

...and with the action "archive". You can execute it according to your custom schedule, preferably out of your regular working hours. When it is executed, the CQL query will be ran and the resulted pages will be bulk-archived.

configure-automation-scheme-cloud.png

Learn more about the automations.

---

Also, note that app also allows you defining a custom page status called "Not used" which will be displayed on the top of pages that have the "not-used" label. Plus, you can create a report about the unused pages, search for them, etc. The app is a full-blown lifecycle management solution for Confluence content.

0 votes
Trev Angle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2023

Hi @javed.faruquee this is definitely possible for pages! Here is an example of an automation rule that archives pages when they have the 'archive' label added:

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 11.26.34 AM.png

For spaces, there is currently no direct way to archive a space through automation. However, you may be able to use the 'Send web request' action to call the Confluence REST API through an automation rule: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/v1/api-group-space/#api-wiki-rest-api-space-spacekey-put

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2023

Hi @javed.faruquee -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First thing: I am not currently using Confluence Automation, and I am basing my answer on what I know of Jira Cloud Automation and the documentation.  With that disclaimer out of the way...

Confluence Automation is supported with the Premium or Enterprise license levels.  Do you have one of those?

There is a trigger for adding a label to a page, conditions for using CQL to test label values, and an action to archive a page.  So it appears this should be possible.

Please look here to get started creating your rule: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/confluence-cloud-automation/

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events