cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull request created automation trigger is not working

Julie Shepard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 2, 2024

We have a team-managed project in Jira with a number of automations that were working for years and suddenly stopped a couple of days ago. 

One of them is – when a PR is created, check labels, go to github to fetch this PR (to get the author's name) and send a notification to Slack. Since a couple of days ago there have been no audit logs added at all. 

I started investigating and created a new simplified automation that just sends a plain text Slack message when a PR is created. I have the issue code in the branch name, PR title and PR description. This automation doesn't run.

However, when I change the first step from 'Pull request created' to "Branch created" or "Issue commented", it works fine.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 17.49.26.png

Would anyone be able to assist?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2024

Hi @Julie Shepard -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is an open incident related to this symptom, which you may follow here: 

https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/incidents/wcs79hfp1npb

If your rule continues to have problems after that one is resolved, I recommend working with your Jira Site Admin to submit a ticket to the support team: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Kind regards,
Bill

Julie Shepard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 3, 2024

Thank you for this information Bill, looks like that could be the reason why we're having issues. 

We'll see how we go when it is resolved. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Marie-Hélène PARISATO October 3, 2024

vous avez pensé à vérifier si vous n'aviez pas dépassé la limite en nombre d'exécution ? 

Dana Pliavinska October 3, 2024

as far as I know there are no limits on automation rules in the premium plan

Marie-Hélène PARISATO October 3, 2024

llimite règles auto.PNG

0 votes
Julie Shepard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 2, 2024

I tested a bit more today and noticed that it only affects some of our github repos and works fine with others. 

Is there anything anywhere I can reset per each repository to make it work again? 

0 votes
Dana Pliavinska October 2, 2024

Hey! I have the sane problem. All automations that successfully been working for a while suddenly stopped working on September 17th
Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 14.46.16.pngScreenshot 2024-10-02 at 14.46.42.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events