Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform different actions per custom Checkbox field value

Jesus Octavio Gutierrez Villegas March 19, 2024

Hello everyone.

First, thanks a lot for your help.

Im trying to obtain every selected value of my custom Checkbox field.
If I try: {{issue.customfield_14748.value}} 
I obtain: FE, DB

The 2 values selected... my goal is for each value send a different webhook request, creating a smart value before according to the value.

So, if the value is FE, a specific webhook with different ID will be sent, the same case for DB or other "Layer" (my custom Checkbox field) selected.

So, for each value of the checkbox field i need to create a smart variable according to the value, each value has its specific ID.

Is this possible?
We are trying to automatically install our applications according to the selected values in our fields.

Or is it possible to do a "FOR" each value? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2024

Hello @Jesus Octavio Gutierrez Villegas 

Curious, How many checkboxes do you have?

Either way, you can, after your trigger, do a Condition.. If/Else -> Advanced Compare and check if your list contains your value, and if so send the web request.. You can chain other conditions in your Else if's accordingly.

Hope it helps.

image.png

Jesus Octavio Gutierrez Villegas March 19, 2024

Hello Kaylan, thanks a lot for your answer.

You mean how many custom field checkbox type we have or how many values in our custom field?
We have several values, i dont know the exact number, but i will be focusing on 3... if one of those is selected a specific webhook should be sent.. if 2 are selected, both webhooks with corresponding ids according the value of the field should be sent as well... also if there are 3...

Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2024

Yes, please apply above if/Else condition to check for a  value and make your web requests accordingly. Let us know if questions. Thanks!

Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2024

Hello @Jesus Octavio Gutierrez Villegas Hope you have been able to solve your issue, if so, consider accepting solution so others can benefit, if not, please share if any issues/concerns with proposed approach and others can help solve. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events