Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform Math on Insight Object Atrribute

NCATS LAB May 25, 2022

I have an object with the attribute "Quantity" with value of 100 (int)

I have another attribute of "Qty Issued" with value of 0 (int)

and another "Qty on hand" with value of 100 (int)

When I connect that item to an issue, I want to increase "Qty Issued" by 1. Then set "Qty on Hand" to "Quantity" - "Qty Issued". 

When I remove the connection, I want to decrease the "Qty Issued" by 1, etc.

I know that Cloud has this capability easily done using Automation - but Data Center does not seem to have any method of doing it with Insight Automation.

I think that I need a Groovy script for this, but unfortunately, there seems to be limited information regarding this available. Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

Hi @NCATS LAB

Have you tried using the insight post-function from the workflow transitions?

I remember seeing some options to increase or decrease attributes back when we were in DC 

Regards

NCATS LAB May 26, 2022

yes - but that doesn't really work. Because it will decrease or increase for every object we have selected - even if we are only adding one object. It also can't reverse the action when we remove the object.

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

Contact jmwe for the groovy script post function to access insight attributes and modifying them.  

Link: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMWE/pages/139635057/Scripted+Groovy+operation+on+issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events