Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR Created Trigger is not working

Kushagra Gupta March 16, 2022

I am trying to use PR Created Trigger under Dev Ops Rule. But it's not getting triggered.

Though all gitHub data(commit , PR , branches ) is shown correctly in development section of the issue. 

Please help.

3 answers

0 votes
Amy McCann March 22, 2023

@Kushagra Gupta - Was this ever resolved? The same things is happening for us now. To troubleshoot, I created a very simple automation (just email fired when PR is created) and it's not firing. It's like Jira is not even recognizing that trigger anymore.

This has been working for our company FOR YEARS and just stopped firing 2 days ago.  I have a ticket in and am working with Atlassian, but I am getting anxious, as it's ruining our workflow and we are on a very tight schedule.  

Any tips you have would be appreciated!

Kushagra Gupta March 22, 2023

No , it was not resolved. We are using GitHub Enterprise edition and this functionality is NOT supported in JIRA with this edition of GitHub

Travis Hill March 22, 2023

We are also seeing this as of two days ago. We're using Bitbucket, so I don't think it has anything to do with Github

@Travis Hill  - We are using Bitbucket too!!! Last automation that fired was at 7:19 pm est on 3/20

This really does make me think that something is going on with on the Atlassian side! 

@Amy McCann I opened a ticket with Atlassian support and they have confirmed that they are investigating an issue on their side.

Like Amy McCann likes this

@Travis Hill - Thanks so much for creating a ticket as well - Hoping we can get this resolved very soon!   I will let you know if/when I hear anything!

@Travis Hill  

[AUTO-666] Pull request merged trigger is not being fired - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

Any guess on how long it will take to resolve?  This is my first real bug with Atlassian, and I am a bit worried that we are going to go into a black hole, lol.

@Amy McCann I haven't gotten any update since the initial response:

Marcelo Beloni commented:

Hi Travis!
I hope you are doing well!

Thanks for contacting Atlassian Support. My name is Marcelo, and I will be assisting you with this ticket. 

We're currently investigating an incident where the pull request triggers are not being fired on Automation. Our dev team is already working to fix it.

We will provide more information as we work to identify the root cause.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best!

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Travis Hill March 27, 2023

@Amy McCann FYI, they just reached out to me to let me know that it was resolved last Thursday, 3/23. I confirmed that it is working for us again.

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Thomas Richtsfeld March 29, 2023

For us, it started stopping again today. We created a second rule that triggers upon PR creation and since then none of the rules get triggered anymore.

Any idea why this could happen again?

The ticket which got resolved seemed to have only resolved issues when a PR got merged

Travis Hill March 29, 2023

@Thomas Richtsfeld It's still working for me, so not sure if it's the same issue. Might want to contact Atlassian.

Thomas Richtsfeld March 29, 2023

Just figured out that it is due to our configuration. I need to dig into it. It only gets triggered when a JIRA ticket number is added to the PR title, but that is definitely not related to this issue.

Sorry for bothering you with this

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

That‘s really weird. Can‘t reproduce this?

Did you try creating new branches and PRs for test?

Ome other thing (even if it sounds like common answer) would be to try to recreate the rule.

Otherwise I can‘t detect anything that would cause the problem. If it still ovcurs I would suggest to reach out to atlassian support. They are able too look deeper into the system and maybe detect any cause.

Best
Stefan

Kushagra Gupta March 20, 2022

I even tried creating another rule , adding a comment once branch is created.

That's also not working.

Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 11.25.32 AM.png

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Hi @Kushagra Gupta and welcome to the community,

sad to hear that there are some problems. Keen to support you wherever I can.

Could you please add screenshots of your automation rule, an audit log and the issue where git-entities are connected and should trigger the rule?

Best
Stefan

Hello @Stefan Salzl , Thanks for welcoming me to the community.

Below is the screenshot of the rule.

Screenshot 2022-03-16 at 4.26.48 PM.png

Below is the screenshot that GitHub is connected to Jira and we can see development info.

Screenshot 2022-03-16 at 4.28.19 PM.png

Below is the screenshot of the audit log. This rule is not getting triggered. 

Screenshot 2022-03-16 at 4.32.16 PM.png

Hope it helps. 

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2022

hm.....that seems pretty weird as everything seems be set up fine 🙄

• Regarding of the design of your rule I assume you are running on cloud right?
  • where and how is the PR created? (manually in GitHub? any automation/webhook?)

Best
Stefan

• Regarding of the design of your rule I assume you are running on cloud right? - YES
  • where and how is the PR created? (manually in GitHub? any automation/webhook?) - Manually , By developers.
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2022

Is this a team-managed or organization-managed project?

Kushagra Gupta March 18, 2022

This is company managed project.

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2022

@Kushagra Gupta sorry I was answering from my iphone and clicked the wrong text field 🙈 my last answer should haven gone here 🙈 sorry for the confusion

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events