Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications for Status Changes

Tiffany Lazo-Cedre August 22, 2022

Is it possible to send automated reminder notifications (either email or slack) to a task assignee when a due date is approaching, if a task is on a certain status (e.g. not started)?

2 answers

3 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Hi @Tiffany Lazo-Cedre and welcome to the community!

Yes - You can do something like this:

2022-08-22_15-38-16.jpg

This rule will run daily looking for any issues where due date is coming up.  I've added an optional step of using a label to determine if a reminder was already sent.  You can omit that from the query and delete the edit issues step if you want the assignee to get nagged daily until they've closed the issue.  Here's the query:

statusCategory != Done AND duedate <= startOfDay(7d) AND (labels is EMPTY or labels NOT IN (reminder_sent))
2 votes
Olha Onofriichuk_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 23, 2022

Hi, @Tiffany Lazo-Cedre 

Yes, you can set it up. Let me help you with a piece of advice.
If you want to send automated reminder notifications to a task assignee when a due date is approaching, if a task is on a certain status (e.g. not started), etc. You can try SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on.

Here you need to define when you'd like the notification to be sent (for example, 1 day before the due date, or 30 hours after the task was in the "To Do" status, if the task was unassigned during some period of time, etc.). Just create a new SLA Configuration and choose an automated action (to send a reminder notification):

notif2.png

Or you can set up changing the status of the Jira issue if it wasn't completed before the certain time, or changing the assignee or priority:

notif3.png

Hope it helps.

And let me know if you need help with settings or you want to find out more how to work with it! This add-on was created by my team, so we will be glad to tell you more how to work with SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on.

Have an amazing day!

Regards,
Olha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events