Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create new issue type

supriya deshmukh May 31, 2022

My project has Epic, bug, incident and story as issue types. I am trying to add new issue type as sub task. However I cant see the option to add new issue type. I have administrator access as well for the project. Still I cant find the option for it. Can someone help here?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

I suspect you may be looking at a team-managed project in Cloud Jira.

These have only one sub-task, you can only enable one type and it's called "sub task".  

For a company managed project (Cloud, Server or DC),  Daniel's answer is the one to mark correct.

0 votes
Dan Tombs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2022

Hi @supriya deshmukh

If you are trying to add the default 'sub-task' issue type into the projects scheme then you can do this by:

1. Go to the project and in the bottom left, click project settings.
  2. Then go to issues, then click types.
  3. Click actions towards the top right and edit issue types.
  4. Find 'Sub-task' in the right hand list and drag it into the left hand side list.
  5. Click save at the bottom.

If you are trying to add a new subtask issue type entirely then:

1. in the top right hand corner click the cog, then issues.
  2. This will load you onto the issuetype tab. In the top right click add issuetype.
  3. Give it a name, icon and select 'Sub-task' issue type from the radio button select list.

Hope this information helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events