Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Automation: Time in status trigger?

Marco September 30, 2021

Hey there,

in the legacy Automation of Service Management there was this Trigger that would excecute if an issue is a certain time in a status. Can this somewhere be done in the new automation? I cannot find a trigger for this but maybe i'm just blind ;)

Another thing that would be nice, if this automation could also use workingdays instead of just days like in the legacy automation

2 answers

2 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2021

Hi @Marco 

To do this without an SLA, you could use a scheduled trigger and JQL to find the issues which have not changed status.

For example, this JQL finds any "in progress" issues which have not changed status in the last 24 hours.

project = myProject AND NOT status CHANGED AFTER -24h AND statusCategory = "In Progress"

To learn more about advanced JQL expressions, please review this documentation: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-advanced-search-with-jira-query-language-jql/

To do the part you note about working days, you may need to use the smart value functions, or JQL functions, such as startOfWeek("+1").

Kind regards,
Bill

Marco October 4, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy ok then i guess i have to do it this way. Thank you for your help! 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Richard Fay September 30, 2021

You could probably do this in Service Management using SLA's as a trigger. You'd need an SLA that starts when a ticket is transitioned to a status and an automation which triggers when it expires and/or reaches a certain value.

Not sure how you could get it to work in Jira Core...

Marco October 4, 2021

hi @Richard Fay yes i hope they will add something to make it less complicated even for Jira Core Projects (where i also need this) but until then i'll use the way that Bill has suggested

Richard Fay October 4, 2021

Yeah, Bill's answer looks like a good thing to try.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events