Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a CQL query to match table key value like Search does

Brian Archer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 23, 2023

Hello Atlassian Community -

I'm stuck and need your expertise! I have a set of labeled pages in my Confluence space, each with a Page Properties table. That table has a row called status with several possible values (e.g. in progress, closed, obsolete, etc.).

When I use Confluence Search, I can easily filter the results using the following syntax: "|status|obsolete|". I use the same syntax in my Page Properties Report macro as a filter, and it works just fine. However, when I try to do the same thing in an Automation Rule (Branch rule/related entities) using CQL (text~"|status|obsolete|" AND label="xyz"...), it matches ANY page containing the words "status" or "obsolete", not as key/value pairs as above.

This is not what I expected, given the behavior seen in Search and the PPR macro, and I can't find a way to do what I need in CQL at all. :(

I would love to know how others are solving this problem, and why the CQL is not working the same way in Automation as it does elsewhere. It feels like a bug to me.

TIA - Brian

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events