Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving ticket to another project and emailing the new ticket

Tudor Lala January 18, 2021

Hi, 

I am looking at moving a ticket created in the SD portal to another project and emailing the requester the new  ticket number so they can access the ticket in the new project. 

I created a clone and delete  automation but i need help with the email part. 

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sherry Goyal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2021

Hello @Tudor Lala 

You can achieve this by using "branch - Most recently created" after clone action and smart values in "Send email" action.

Something like: 

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 11.16.24 am.png

I used:

{{triggerIssue.reporter.emailAddress}} to access reporter's email address in original ticket

{{triggerIssue.reporter.displayName}} to access display name of reporter to mention in email body.

{{triggerIssue.key}} will mean original issue key

{{issue.key}} means the newly created ticket by clone action.

Then you can use "Delete action" outside branch to delete issue.

Sharing some useful links: smart values and branch rule/related issues.

Hope this resolves the concern.

Cheers
Sherry

Tudor Lala January 21, 2021

this works perfectly, thank you. 

The last bit that is optional but desirable would be to transfer a radio button selection ( Normal priority/Urgent ) . I have the custom field, the JQL to find it, i need some help editing the priority in the created clone. 

Sherry Goyal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2021

@Tudor Lala You should be seeing that field in dropdown inside "clone issue" where you can set its value. Let me know more details about the use case what exactly you want to set and maybe share your rule too. Will help me in understanding what exactly you are after.

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

Tudor,

You should just be able to add a public comment on the issue and the user will get an email.  You maybe running into a licensing issue if you are going from a service desk project to a software or core project.  In order to get communications and see the issue on a software or core project the user will need to be licensed.  

0 votes
Alex Carias March 13, 2024

The Clone issue and email worked but the cloned issue is not bringing over information from a form that is used in the request type. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events