Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Issues after PR Merge using Jira Automation

Jordi Zmiani March 9, 2022

Hi, im trying to set up an automation rule that transitions issues from In Progress to Done. I created a simple Automation:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-09 um 13.35.30.png

Sadly after PR merge my automation is not triggered. Furthermore i edited my automation so that the automation triggers after a commit, just to see if the rule works. Surprisingly When: Commit created works.

Im using Git Integration for Jira Cloud as App. I've connected my Github rep using the Git Option.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-09 um 13.28.22.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-09 um 13.26.47.png

Now in the Git Commit section in my Jira Project im able to see all the commits, pull request and PR merges. Since i added the issue tag to every commit, every thing should be technically linked to the issue. Something i do notice, is that every commit is displayed in Atlassian/Jira Acc name, but the pull merges are displayed in Git Acc name. Why?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-09 um 13.31.16.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2022

Hi @Jordi Zmiani and welcome to the community,

first of all tbh: I have no experience with the used app. I use Github for Jira from Marketplace. I tested with my integration and with Github for Jira the rule is triggered on mergePR.

Did you do a fast-forward merge? The ff doesn´t create a merge commit and I could imagen that this might be the event (technically) jira is listening.

Best
Stefan

Jordi Zmiani March 10, 2022

I simply went ahead and tested Github for Jira, it worked like a charm. Thanks.

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2022

Awesome. Good to know it works now 🙌💪

Kate Spilker December 2, 2022

@Stefan Salzl Are you saying it can't be a fast forward merge to work?

Like Stefan Salzl likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events