Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge issues with same title

Kyana Campos August 10, 2023

Hi!

Currently when I send a new request to my Jira Service Desk project, with the same title as an opened one, I would like this new request to be merged with the old one.

In the example below, I have 3 different issues all with the same title, and they should be just one. Is it possible to have this implemented?

Jira.png

Thanks!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2023

Hi @Kyana Campos ,

It is kind of a strange requirement (from my perspective), merging issues based on a similar summary. What if they come from three different people? What if the root cause is different?

And if you have that topic sorted out, what do you mean by merging? Which data should go where? If you have three issues with high, medium and low priority, which should you choose? What about other fields?

And if everything is the same, why merge? Maybe it is then better to link the duplicate issues to the first issue and close them as duplicate.

Kyana Campos August 14, 2023

Hi Rudy, Thanks for your reply.

I understand it is strange, this was an specific request for a certain type of issue and maybe Jira Service Management is not the appropiate software for it. But didn´t want to give up without another opinion (not only mine) that the customer could accept.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Kyana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events