Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

LookupIssue- Is there a way to have 2 result set in one email

Hi,

I want to use LookIssues to send sprint scope or what is going to get released to my Ops team. 

I was able to accomplish adding two JIRA queries to rule and it works.. but how do I segregate the result in my email

Here is my rule,  what should I add in email so that the output of these two rules is separated

{{#lookupIssues}}
| {{url}} | {{key}} | {{status.name}} | {{issuetype.name}} | {{summary}}
{{/}}

{{#lookupIssues}}
| {{url}} | {{key}} | {{status.name}} | {{issuetype.name}} | {{summary}}
{{/}}

image.png

1 answer

Hello @Neetu Verma 

Thanks for writing to us. 

I am afraid thats now how "lookupIssues" works. Second JQL's output will override first JQL output in variable {{lookupIssues}}

Either

Go for two separate mails, meaning planing rule:
Trigger -> JQL - 1 -> Send email action -> JQL - 2 -> Send another email action

This will shootout two separate emails.

OR

Convert it into one JQL, then you can send one combined email. 

Hope this answers your query. Maybe you can share mode details around your use case, if you seek more assistance.

More details for lookupIssues smart values and article for help.

Cheers
Sherry

Thank you Sherry, I went for on email.  I would like to use this to send all the JIRA tickets which were worked upon in one sprint. 

Is there a way I can sort on using Issue types?

Thanks

Neetu

@Neetu Verma 

I would suggest to add sorting logic as part of JQL like:

project = ........   ORDER BY issuetype DESC

You can use ASC/DESC and output will probably depend on ordering of issue types in the scheme but default one will work just fine. You can try jql in jira search bar and check the order.

To know more on what all we functions we can do on list using smart values are mentioned here.

Thanks
Sherry

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Automation

New to Jira Automation - goodbye Cron (sort of), hello new project created trigger, new additions to

Hey Everyone! Simeon from the Automation team here. I'm delighted to share some new features and improvements that we are shipping to Jira automation (Cloud only). Firstly, @Sam Harding&nbsp...

2,837 views 10 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you